Sunday, December 2, 2012

Birthday Blogging

Love this photo that I snapped on my iPhone a couple months ago. It reminds me of God!

It's 2:23am on my 23rd birthday and I can't sleep.  

Physically I'm completely exhausted, worn out, and sick.  

Emotionally I'm drained and spiritually I'm tired.

I've been reading back through many of my blog posts from earlier this year.  It's still crazy to me all that God has led me through, carried me through, loved me through.

Earlier tonight I was telling a friend how tired I am.  And I don't just mean physically; I mean tired from life.  It can be hard to keep pressing on when life is hard.  

As I reflect on this past year of life and think ahead to the new one, my heart's desire is to draw strength from my great God each and every day.  On the exhausting days when I want to give up, on the days I'm my spunky, spontaneous, crazy self.

Jesus Christ is an endless, rich, abundant source of life, joy, peace, and love.  No person and no circumstance is beyond His reach, beyond His care.

Not the friends facing the loss of their father and grandfather.

Not the friend whose husband left her.

Not the close friend struggling with heart-wrenching challenges.

Not the woman regretting giving up the life of her unborn child.

Not the child with leukemia.

Not me in my weakness.

I will lift up my eyes to the hills--from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Maker of heaven and earth. (Psalm 121:1)

God offers His help through anything and everything.  We just need to accept it.  That requires faith and sometimes a lot of it.  It's not easy and it's certainly not natural.  

After a year of learning more about faith than I ever have before, a year where my faith has experienced more ups and downs than I ever thought it would, I have to say that the path of faith and trust is always better.  But it's a daily choice and a daily battle.  There is major war going on.  The biggest war is the one I have within me.

Looking ahead to my 24th year of life, I'm so thankful I have God on my side, fighting for me.  I'm excited (okay, and a little scared) to see what He has in store on this crazy journey called life.  He's surrounded me with incredible family and friends throughout each adventure.  A year from now, I look forward to looking back and seeing all He has done!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so very proud of you and how you've pulled through this year relying on our Lord. No doubt He's taught you so much. Yet, it's still so easy to be to tired. I'm praying & cheering for you. You're little birthday surprise should be coming to your parents in the next couple weeks... :) It'll probably say it is for Christmas, but it was really for your Birthday...maybe just a little bit for Christmas. The box will be coming sometime eventually...just because. :) Hope you enjoy it...I know it's not the 'healthiest' thing, but thought you'd have fun with it. Love ya girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks so much for following me on instagram, so that I could see your profile there, so I could find your blog, so I could visit it this morning and be incredibly blessed by you! I'm looking forward to following your journey here. Thanks for sharing so much of yourself, and glorifying our Father as you do so.

    ReplyDelete