Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I wait

It blesses me so much when God speaks to me out of the blue.  This morning I was showering and really struggling with something, trying to give it over to Him.  Out of the nowhere, He brought to mind a verse I memorized YEARS  ago and had not thought about in a long time.  It was like God Himself spoke to me while I washed my hair!  And yes, I know it was literally God Himself because it's His Word, but it was different then when He speaks while reading His Word.  This just came out of thin air and was just what I needed.


These are the words He gave me:

"I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait; and in His Word, do I hope."

The issue I am struggling with involves a lot of inner turmoil and a ton of waiting.  The reminder to take hope in His Word, His promises, was exactly what I needed.  He's been growing my love for His scriptures and this little reminder increases my desire for the living Word even more. I am excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment