Monday, October 17, 2011

Children, Cuteness, Christmas

I love children.  A lot. A LOT lot.  Ask anyone who knows and they'll be able to tell you that.  I think I was born with some child magneticism inside of me. (I don't think that's even a word but whatever.)  

Cute boy and a John Deere tractor
(Oh. And me.)

Last weekend I got to spend three whole days with my cousin and her beyond lovable kiddos.  It was amazing.  "Bubby" is fourteen months old and such a bundle of fun and BOY-ness.  I can't get enough of his smiles, car noises, and "hey!"'s.  I had to get in my car and drive back to Wisconsin last Monday and it about broke my heart.  He's growing so fast.

Yesterday I ate lunch with a two-year-old.  So fun!  This weekend I get to spend three days with one of my besties and her one-year-old.  I'm feeling a wee bit blessed!  (And the the cuteness factor is quite high around me lately.)

I'm so glad God created us women to bring children into this world.  I'm so grateful for the miracle of pregnancy, and birth, and babies.  I was thinking earlier today about what things would be like if He just kept making new people from dust like when He created Adam.  I'm so glad that wasn't His plan.  I wouldn't be a doula otherwise. ;)

Speaking of children and cuteness and doula-ness, is not this the cutest idea EVER? I am officially one hundred percent in love with the amazingness on Pinterest.  (I am also, for the record, in love with attaching "ness" and "ism" and "ly" onto the ends of words.  I'm thinking you may have noticed but just thought I'd state it plainly for those that may be a little slow.)



And now about Christmas.  Don't shoot me.  I know it's only October seventeen.  Trust me, I'm the kind of person that doesn't really do anything "Christmas" until the first of December.  I much prefer to enjoy fall and Thanksgiving without Christmas "distractions".  But I had to share this NOW.  Please watch it.  I won't elaborate on what I think and feel after watching it twice.  I'll let it speak for itself.


(There is a new and revised video but I could not for the life of me figure out how to put a vimeo video on here so I had to use this You Tube one from 2008.  I (obviously) don't know diddly-squat about the technical aspects of blogging.)


1 comment:

  1. Very good! I liked the video lots!!! :) It's quite well done too. Lol

    ReplyDelete