Thursday, December 1, 2011

December First

Today is the first of December.

December is here.

It's December.

Okay, now that I've settled that in my mind, I'm still wondering where January and February and March and April and May and June and July and August and September and October and November went.

One look at my calendar and a quick peek into my gratitude journal shows me where it went.  It's been an interesting year.

And now it's Christmas time, which just so happens to be one of my favoritest times ever.


Somehow, amid the pain, there is happiness among twinkling white Christmas lights and Christmas music playing on the radio or off of Itunes. 


No matter the disagreements throughout the year, there is family time that is sweet and peaceful.  There are cookies and stockings and pretty rolls of wrapping paper and memory-filled ornaments on the tree.

And there is much to be thankful for.  So very, very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment