Monday, February 28, 2011

pain, sleep, fog, food, laughter...

...these are just a few of the words that jump out at me as I look over my list of gifts from the past week or two. God faithfulness and blessings astound me--even when life feels anything but good!  He is good all the time and all the time He is good. Period.

64. freedom to vote
65. phone chat with my triple sister
66. strength to endure all the pain
67. forty-five degree temperatures!
69. soaking in hot tub/pool
71. safety driving through thick fog
74. bank statement and checkbook balance that match :)
75. sleeping in until 11:30 :P :)
77. yummy breadsticks
79. laughter with friends
82. beautiful violin performance by sister
84. french silk pie!!!
87. sibling hangout time in my bedroom
88. chocolate zucchini bread
89. beautiful snow
90. snow day at home
91. old journal entries
92. strong, snow shoveling bros (for five plus hours...oh how I admire their hard earned muscles!)
93. laughter at dinner table


In other news, I attended the Christian Life Conference in Monroe, WI with my family this past weekend.  So, so challenging and encouraging.  I'm sure a blog post with thoughts/notes from that will be written in the near future.  In the mean time, go to the website and listen to some of the messages...especially the ones by Norm Wakefield and Paul Washer.  It might just change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment